WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging apps available today, but sometimes we may regret sending a message or wish to delete it after a certain time limit. Unfortunately, WhatsApp does not provide a built-in feature to delete messages after a specific time. However, there are third-party apps that can help you achieve this functionality. In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of deleting WhatsApp messages after a time limit on Android using one such app.
Step 1: Open the Google Play Store on your Android device.
Step 2: Search for a third-party app called "AutoDelete – Delete Your WhatsApp Messages Timely" and install it on your device.
Step 3: Once installed, open the AutoDelete app.
Step 4: The app will prompt you to grant it access to notifications. Tap on "Allow" to proceed with the setup.
Step 5: On the AutoDelete main screen, enable the toggle switch next to "Enable AutoDelete."
Step 6: Set the time limit for deleting WhatsApp messages by tapping on the "AutoDelete Time" option. Choose the desired time limit from the available options.
Step 7: Now, whenever you send a message on WhatsApp, it will be automatically deleted after the specified time limit, as set in the AutoDelete app.
|1. Helps maintain privacy by automatically deleting messages after a set time limit.||1. Reliance on a third-party app may raise security concerns for some users.|
|2. Easy setup and configuration process.||2. Not an official WhatsApp feature, so may be subject to changes in WhatsApp’s terms and conditions or functionality.|
|3. Provides control over the lifespan of WhatsApp messages.||3. Some advanced features may require a paid version of the app.|
By following these simple steps, you can delete WhatsApp messages automatically after a specific time limit on your Android device. This adds an extra layer of control and privacy to your conversations. However, keep in mind that using third-party apps comes with some inherent risks, so it’s essential to carefully choose and trust the app you use. Now you can enjoy the convenience of automatic message deletion and avoid any regrets caused by messages sent in haste.
Video Tutorial: How can I delete WhatsApp messages after 10 hours?
How do I delete 24 hour messages on WhatsApp?
To delete 24-hour messages on WhatsApp, follow these steps:
1. Open WhatsApp: Launch the WhatsApp application on your mobile device. Ensure that you have the latest version of the app installed, as some features may vary depending on the version.
2. Access chats: Tap on the "Chats" tab at the bottom of the screen to view your conversations.
3. Locate the message: Scroll through your chat list and find the conversation that contains the 24-hour message you want to delete.
4. Long-press the message: Press and hold the message that you want to delete. This action will highlight the message and open a selection menu.
5. Tap "Delete": Once the selection menu appears, tap on the "Delete" option. This action will prompt a confirmation prompt with various delete options.
6. Choose "Delete for Everyone": On the confirmation prompt, select the "Delete for Everyone" option. This action will delete the message from both your device and the recipient’s device.
Please note that in order to delete messages for everyone, you need to do it within 24 hours of sending the message. After this time frame, the option to delete for everyone will no longer be available.
By following these steps, you’ll be able to delete 24-hour messages on WhatsApp effectively.
How do I set WhatsApp to delete messages after 24 hours?
To set WhatsApp to delete messages automatically after 24 hours, follow these steps:
1. Open WhatsApp: Launch the WhatsApp application on your smartphone.
2. Go to Settings: In the bottom right corner of the screen, tap on the "Settings" option. It is represented by a gear icon.
3. Select Account: Within the settings menu, choose the "Account" option. It is typically at the top of the list.
4. Locate and choose Privacy: Look for the "Privacy" option within the Account settings and tap on it.
5. Find the "Delete messages" option: Scroll down until you come across the "Delete messages" section.
6. Select time duration: Within the "Delete messages" section, tap on the "24 hours" option. This will set WhatsApp to automatically delete messages after 24 hours, both in individual and group chats.
Please note that once enabled, this setting will be applied to all conversations in WhatsApp, and any messages older than 24 hours will be automatically deleted. It is important to remember that this feature applies locally on your device and does not affect messages on other devices or the devices of your contacts.
Keep in mind, the steps mentioned here are based on the assumption of the current latest WhatsApp version as of the time of writing. User interfaces and settings may vary slightly depending on the WhatsApp version and operating system you are using.
That’s it! You have now set WhatsApp to automatically delete messages after 24 hours.
How can I delete WhatsApp message after time limit 2023?
As a tech blogger, I can provide you with steps to delete WhatsApp messages after the time limit in 2023. Please note that the features and functionalities mentioned here are based on the assumption that WhatsApp has not made any major changes to its platform by 2023. Here’s how you can delete WhatsApp messages after the time limit:
1. Launch WhatsApp: Open the WhatsApp application on your device.
2. Select the Conversation: Navigate to the conversation from which you want to delete a message.
3. Locate the Message: Find the particular message that you wish to delete.
4. Long-press the Message: Tap and hold the specific message until options appear.
5. Choose "Delete": From the list of options that appear, select "Delete."
6. Confirm Deletion: If prompted, confirm that you want to delete the message.
7. Use disappear mode: In 2023, WhatsApp might introduce a new feature called "Disappear Mode." This feature allows you to set messages to disappear after a certain period of time automatically. You can enable this mode for specific conversations to delete messages without any manual intervention.
8. Go to Chat Settings: Open the chat settings for the conversation you want to enable disappearing messages.
9. Enable Disappear Mode: Look for the "Disappear Mode" option and toggle it on.
10. Set Duration: If applicable, choose the desired time duration after which messages will automatically disappear.
Remember, this information is speculative and based on the assumption that WhatsApp’s features remain consistent until 2023. It’s always a good idea to check for any WhatsApp updates or announcements for the latest information on message deletion options.
How can I permanently delete WhatsApp messages after 1 hour?
As a tech blogger, I can provide you with steps to permanently delete WhatsApp messages after 1 hour. Please note that these steps might change with future updates of WhatsApp. Here’s how you can do it:
Step 1: Open WhatsApp on your mobile device.
Step 2: Locate the chat or conversation that contains the message you want to delete.
Step 3: Tap and hold the message you want to delete. This will bring up a menu with various options.
Step 4: From the menu, select the "Delete for Me" option. This will remove the message from your device.
Step 5: Next, confirm the deletion by tapping on the "Delete" button when prompted.
Step 6: Keep in mind that this will only delete the message from your device, and the recipient might still be able to see it. To ensure the recipient cannot view it, you can choose the "Delete for Everyone" option instead of "Delete for Me" if it’s within the 1-hour time limit.
Please note that the "Delete for Everyone" option is only available for up to 1 hour after sending the message. After this time limit, you can only delete the message for yourself, and the recipient will still have the message in their chat.
It’s worth mentioning that deleting messages from your device does not guarantee complete removal from all devices or backups. To ensure greater privacy and security, you may consider using end-to-end encrypted messaging apps that have built-in self-destruction features for added data protection.
How do I permanently delete WhatsApp messages from both sides?
To permanently delete WhatsApp messages from both sides, follow these steps:
1. Open WhatsApp: Launch the WhatsApp application on your smartphone.
2. Go to the Chat: Navigate to the chat where the message you want to delete is located.
3. Select the Message: Long-press on the specific message or multiple messages to delete them.
4. Tap on Delete: From the options that appear, select the delete option (usually denoted by a trash bin icon).
5. Choose Delete for Everyone: A pop-up menu will appear offering two deletion options. Select "Delete for Everyone" to remove the message from both your device and the recipient’s device.
6. Confirm Deletion: Another confirmation prompt will appear asking if you want to delete the message. Tap on "Delete" to proceed.
7. Verify Deletion: You should see a message stating "You deleted this message." This confirms the successful deletion of the message.
Note that both you and the recipient must be using the latest version of WhatsApp, and you have a maximum window of approximately one hour and eight minutes to delete messages for everyone. After this time, it will only be deleted from your device.
It’s important to mention that while WhatsApp provides an option to delete messages for everyone, it doesn’t guarantee complete removal as the recipient may have already seen or taken a screenshot of the message before deletion. So exercise caution when sharing sensitive information through chats.