To mass delete photos from an iPhone on a Mac, you can follow these steps:
1. Connect your iPhone to your Mac using the USB cable.
2. Open the Photos app on your Mac. It should automatically detect and display your iPhone under the Devices section.
3. Select your iPhone from the sidebar.
4. On the main screen, you will see various options for viewing your photos. Choose either the "Photos" or "Albums" tab, depending on your preference.
5. Select the photos you want to delete by clicking on them. To select multiple photos, hold down the Command key while clicking on the desired photos.
6. Once you have selected the photos you wish to delete, right-click on any of the selected photos and choose "Delete [number] Photos" from the context menu. Alternatively, you can press the Delete key on your keyboard.
7. A confirmation dialog will appear asking if you want to delete the selected photos. Click on the "Delete" button to proceed.
8. The selected photos will be deleted from your iPhone and will go to the "Recently Deleted" album on your device, where they will be stored for 30 days before being permanently removed. If you want to immediately erase them, you can go to the "Recently Deleted" album and click on "Delete All" to remove them completely.
It’s important to note that syncing your iPhone with iCloud or other cloud storage services may affect the deletion process. Make sure to back up your important photos before performing any deletion actions to avoid accidental data loss.
Video Tutorial:How do I mass delete photos from my iPhone to my computer?
How do I bulk delete iPhone photos?
Deleting photos in bulk on an iPhone is a straightforward process. To bulk delete photos, you can follow these steps without the need for any third-party apps or additional software:
1. Open the Photos app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the "Photos" tab at the bottom of the screen to view your photo library.
3. Select the "Select" option located at the top-right corner of the screen.
4. Start selecting the photos you want to delete. You can either tap on each photo individually or use the "Select All" option at the top of the screen to choose all photos.
5. Once you have selected the desired photos, tap the trash bin icon located at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
6. Confirm the deletion by selecting "Delete [number of photos selected]" to permanently remove the selected photos from your iPhone.
It’s important to note that deleted photos will be moved to the "Recently Deleted" folder, where they are retained for 40 days before being permanently deleted. If you change your mind within this period, you can restore the deleted photos from the "Recently Deleted" folder.
Remember, the steps provided above are based on the assumptions that this answer is being given in the year 2023, and the latest iPhone models are iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro, and iPhone 14 Plus, running on iOS 16.
How do you mass delete photos on Mac?
Mass deleting photos on a Mac is a straightforward process that can help you free up storage space and organize your photo library. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to accomplish this:
1. Open the "Photos" app on your Mac, which is the default photo management software by Apple.
2. Click on the "Photos" tab located in the upper-left corner of the window to view your entire photo library.
3. Use the various options available in the app, such as the timeline, albums, or search bar, to locate the photos you want to delete.
4. Once you have identified the photos you want to delete, you can select them individually by holding down the Command key and clicking on each photo. Alternatively, you can select a range of photos by clicking on the first photo, holding down the Shift key, and clicking on the last photo in the range.
5. With the desired photos selected, go to the top menu and click on "Edit" followed by "Delete [number] Photos." Alternatively, you can use the Command + Delete keyboard shortcut.
6. A pop-up window will appear, confirming the deletion. Click on "Delete Photos" to proceed.
7. Depending on the size of the selected photos, it may take some time for the deletion process to complete.
8. After the deletion is finished, the selected photos will be moved to the "Recently Deleted" album in the Photos app. They will remain there for 30 days before being permanently deleted. If you want to recover any deleted photos within this timeframe, you can do so from this album. If you want to free up storage space immediately, you can empty the "Recently Deleted" album by going to the "Albums" tab, selecting it, and clicking on "Delete All."
By following these steps, you can efficiently mass delete photos on your Mac using the default Photos app. Always double-check the photos you’ve chosen for deletion to ensure you don’t accidentally delete any important or irreplaceable images.
How to transfer all photos from iPhone to mac and delete from iPhone?
Transferring photos from an iPhone to a Mac and deleting them from the iPhone can be done easily using the built-in functionalities. Follow these steps to accomplish the task:
1. Connect your iPhone to your Mac using a USB cable. Make sure your Mac is running macOS 10.15 or later, and your iPhone is up to date with the latest iOS version.
2. On your Mac, the Photos app should automatically launch. If it doesn’t, open it manually.
3. In the Photos app, click on your iPhone’s name under the "Devices" section in the sidebar.
4. Select the photos you want to transfer from your iPhone to your Mac. You can choose individual photos or use the Shift key to select multiple photos.
5. Once you’ve selected the photos, click on the "Import Selected" button to transfer them to your Mac. Alternatively, you can click on "Import All New Photos" if you want to import all the new photos from your iPhone.
6. After the photos are imported, you can choose to delete them from your iPhone. To do so, a prompt will automatically appear asking if you want to delete the imported photos from your iPhone; select "Delete Items" to remove them.
7. If you want to ensure that the photos are deleted from the Recently Deleted album as well, open the Photos app on your iPhone. Go to the Albums tab, scroll down to find the "Recently Deleted" album, and select it. Then click "Delete All" to remove the photos permanently.
By following these steps, you’ll be able to transfer all your photos from your iPhone to your Mac and delete them from your iPhone, freeing up storage space on your device and keeping your photos safely backed up on your Mac.
Is there a shortcut to delete all photos on iPhone?
Yes, there is a shortcut to delete all photos on an iPhone. With the latest version of iOS (iOS 16), you can use the "Delete All" option in the Photos app to quickly remove all photos from your device.
To delete all photos on your iPhone, follow these steps:
1. Open the Photos app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the "Photos" tab at the bottom to view all your photos.
3. In the top right corner, tap on the "Select" button.
4. Tap and drag your finger across the screen to select multiple photos at once, or you can tap on individual photos to select them.
5. Continue selecting photos until you have selected all the photos you want to delete.
6. Once you have selected all the desired photos, tap on the trash can icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
7. A pop-up will appear asking if you want to delete the selected photos. Tap on "Delete [X] Photos" to confirm.
This will delete all the selected photos from your iPhone. Please note that this action is irreversible, so be sure to double-check your selection before confirming the deletion.
Keep in mind that the specific steps and options may vary slightly depending on the version of iOS you are using.
Can I manage my iPhone photos on my computer?
Yes, you can manage your iPhone photos on your computer. Apple provides various methods to transfer and organize your photos between your iPhone and computer.
One way to manage your iPhone photos on your computer is by using the built-in Photos app on macOS. Simply connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable, and the Photos app will automatically launch. From there, you can import your photos to your computer by selecting the "Import" option. Once imported, you can organize and edit your photos within the Photos app on your computer.
Another option is to use the iCloud Photos feature. By enabling iCloud Photos on your iPhone and computer, your photos will be synchronized across all your devices. This allows you to access and manage your iPhone photos from your computer through the iCloud website or the dedicated iCloud Photos application on macOS. Any changes you make on your computer, such as organizing or deleting photos, will be reflected on your iPhone as well.
If you prefer a third-party solution, there are various software options available that allow you to manage your iPhone photos on your computer. These applications often offer additional features and customization options compared to the built-in options provided by Apple. Examples include Adobe Lightroom, Google Photos, and iMazing.
Regardless of the method you choose, managing your iPhone photos on your computer provides a convenient way to backup, organize, and edit your photos using the larger screen and more robust editing capabilities of your computer.
How do I delete 20000 photos from my iPhone?
As a tech blogger, I understand that managing a large number of photos on your iPhone can be overwhelming. To delete 20,000 photos, you can follow these steps:
1. Open the Photos app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the "Albums" tab at the bottom of the screen.
3. Scroll down and tap on the "All Photos" album to access all your photos.
4. Tap on the "Select" button located at the top right corner of the screen.
5. Start scrolling and tap on each photo you wish to delete. You can also use the "Select" option at the top to choose a range of photos.
6. As you select photos, you’ll notice a blue checkmark appearing on them. Double-check to ensure you’ve selected the correct ones.
7. Once you’ve selected all the photos you want to delete, tap on the trash can icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
8. Confirm the deletion by tapping "Delete X Photos" (X represents the number of photos you’ve selected).
9. Repeat this process until you have deleted all 20,000 photos.
Alternatively, you can also consider using third-party apps designed to help with deleting photos in bulk. These apps often offer features like intelligent filters, duplicate detection, and faster deletion methods.
Remember, before deleting a large number of photos, it’s crucial to back up any important files to ensure you don’t lose valuable memories.