We all have experienced the pain of losing important files on our smartphone, especially when they are deleted accidentally. Have you ever wondered how to recover deleted files from your Android internal memory? Worry not, as this blog post will guide you through the process.
The Challenge of Recovering Deleted Files from Android Internal Memory
Recovering deleted files from Android internal memory is not as easy as recovering files from an SD card. The primary reason for this being that internal memory is not easily accessible on an Android device. Also, Android devices use TRIM, which constantly erases deleted files to make space for new files, making it even more challenging to recover deleted files.
Things You Should Prepare for:
Before you start the recovery process, there are a few things you need to prepare for. Firstly, stop using your Android device once you realize that you have deleted important files. This will prevent the deleted files from getting overwritten by new data. Secondly, you need to download a reliable data recovery tool to recover deleted files from your Android internal memory. Lastly, you need to have a stable internet connection to download the software and recover files successfully.
Method 1: Using a Data Recovery Software
Data recovery software is one of the most effective ways to recover deleted files from Android internal memory. Here’s how to recover deleted files using data recovery software:
1. Download a reliable data recovery software such as EaseUS MobiSaver, DiskDigger, Wondershare Dr.Fone for Android, or Recuva.
2. Connect your phone to your PC and launch the data recovery software
3. Follow the wizard to initiate scanning for the deleted files.
4. Once the scan is complete, the software will display all the deleted files.
5. Select the files you want to recover and click "Recover"
6. Save the files to your computer or an external storage device
– Highly effective in recovering lost or deleted files from Android internal memory.
– Most data recovery software support a wide range of file formats
– Easy to use, no rooting required and doesn’t void device warranty
– Not all data recovery software support all types of Android devices
– Deep scanning may take a considerable amount of time
– May not be able to recover overwritten files
Method 2: Using Google Drive Backup
If you have enabled automatic backup on Google Drive, chances are that your deleted files are backed up and can be restored. Here’s how to recover deleted files using Google Drive Backup:
1. Open the Google Drive app on your Android device
2. Tap on the three horizontal lines on the top left corner of the screen
3. Select "Backups"
4. Select the backup you want to restore from
5. Select the files you want to recover and click on "Restore"
6. Your files will be restored to your Android device.
– The backup process is easy to set up and automatic
– Doesn’t require any third-party software
– Deleted files are only backed up once, and if you delete them from your device, they will also be deleted from the backup.
– Only files that were backed up previously can be restored
– Backup and restoration require a stable internet connection
Method 3: Using Undeleter for Root Users
Undeleter app is another effective way to recover deleted files from your Android internal memory. The app is designed for rooted Android devices only. Here’s how to recover deleted files using Undeleter:
1. Download and install Undeleter for Root Users from the Google Play Store
2. Grant the app Superuser access
3. Select the storage or partition you want to scan for deleted files
4. Once scanning is complete, select the files you want to recover
5. Click "Restore"
6. Save the files to your device or an external storage device
– Can recover images, music, documents, and videos
– No need for a PC or data recovery software
– Supports deep scanning and can recover overwritten files
– Only works on rooted Android devices
– Scanning for deleted files may take a considerable amount of time
– Free version comes with limited features
Why Can’t I Recover Deleted Files from Android Internal Memory?
If you’re unable to recover deleted files from your Android internal memory, several reasons could be the cause. Below are some reasons and how to fix them:
Q. Why Can’t I Find My Deleted Files on My Android Device?
A. If you can’t find your deleted files, it could mean several things. Either you overwrote the file accidentally, the file was deleted a long time ago, and your device has since then overwritten the storage space. Or your Android device uses Secure Erase, which permanently deletes the file.
Q. Why Can’t I Recover Deleted Messages on My Android Device?
A. Lack of storage space, deleted cache data, or software update can make it challenging to recover deleted messages on your Android device. The solution is to free up space, try using a different data recovery software, or solve cache data issues.
Q. Why Can’t I Recover Deleted Files Without Rooting My Android Phone?
A. The reason for this is that data recovery software requires root access to the device to scan the internal memory. Rooting your device will give the software access to the device’s internal memory.
– Ensure that your device is fully charged or has enough battery life to avoid unexpected shutdowns during the recovery process.
– Always back up your important files regularly to avoid losing data in the event of accidental deletion or device failure.
– If you’re unable to recover your deleted files using one method, try using another. Some methods may work better than others, depending on the types of files you’re trying to recover.
5 FAQs about Recovering Deleted Files from Android Internal Memory
Q: Can I recover deleted files from my Android internal memory without a PC or software?
A: Unfortunately, no. Data recovery software is needed to scan for and recover deleted files from Android internal memory.
Q: Can I recover deleted files from a formatted Android device?
A: Yes, it is possible. However, you will need to use data recovery software to recover deleted files from a formatted device.
Q: Does my device need to be rooted to recover deleted files?
A: No, not all data recovery software requires rooting your device. Although, rooted devices offer better chances of recovering deleted files.
Q: How long does it take to recover deleted files from Android internal memory?
A: The recovery time varies depending on the size of the memory and the method used. Scanning a larger storage area may take considerably longer than a smaller one.
Q: What should I do if my Android device is unable to recognize data recovery software?
A: Try using a different data recovery software or ensure that your device is compatible with the software.
Losing important files on your Android device can be extremely frustrating. However, with the methods discussed in this blog post, recovering deleted files from Android internal memory is achievable. Remember to prepare adequately, try different data recovery software, and ensure that your device is compatible. By following these steps, you can recover your deleted files and avoid losing important data in the future.